As Senior Cargo Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the direction and execution of the strategic and tactical plans to attract cargo airlines and increase total cargo throughput at DFW Airport. You will also be supporting key airport leadership in the execution of short and long-range market strategies and initiatives. You will manage and assist in the implementation of various cargo initiatives including the new DFW Cargo Digitization Project and other marketing related Cargo Community outreach initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Directing and managing strategic cargo initiatives from initial implementation to sustained program management which includes building an on-going support and communication program.
- Building relationships with cargo airline partners, freight forwarders, GHAs, 3PLs and other service providers/stakeholders and work to understand their needs on an ongoing basis.
- Presenting business cases and requested information to cargo airlines in conjunction with the Assistant Vice President of Cargo Business Development.
- Staying up to date on the end-to-end cargo/supply chain flows, required cargo documentation, communication requirements, and the interrelated processes of all stakeholders across the global supply chain.
- Maintain a commanding understanding of the concepts of a digitized cargo community system, how the system operates to bring efficiencies to the cargo eco-system and how the airport can leverage a cargo community system to improve overall cargo performance.
What you need:
What we desire:
- Ability to prepare clear, concise correspondence and written reports from market research data using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, both inside and outside the organization. Strong leadership qualities, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to speak comfortably in front of groups.
- Knowledge of international business and trade.
- Knowledge of relevant and recent cargo airline operations, freight forwarder processes, and cargo handling operations.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.