Under general direction of the IT Radio System Team Lead, the IT Technology Radio System Technician installs and maintains facilities that enhance radio communications at the Airport.
The areas of focus include airline proprietary systems, RF communications, and policy/practice guidance to the Airport. The IT Radio System Technician’s work involves extensive contact and coordination with Airport Board staff, vendors, contractors, and outside agencies to assist the ITS Radio Lead as applicable.
What you will be doing:
- Programing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the following LMR assets: NEC microwave components, EFJ P-25 radio system, and Zetron consoles.
- Serving as troubleshooter and trainer to resolve operational and technical problems for radio systems users.
- Performing development and testing of Radio systems.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance systems that facilitate the smooth operation of DFW Airport Terminals, specifically, critical communication systems for passenger services, airfield operations and radio communications.
- Assisting with the translation of functional specifications into detailed technical Radio systems designs.
- Providing support to Airport agencies for tactical and secure communications.
- Assisting with development of maintenance plans and providing technical advice to integrate technical applications to meet operational requirements.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information technology or related field.
- Four years of experience with EF Johnson RF systems and components.
- Zetron console technical knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of ES Chat equipment.
- Ability to program, and also pull management reports from, EFJ radios.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public safety radio communications, and end-user support issues.
- Ability to use Excel, Word and other office programs
- Ability to be on call 24/7.
What we desire:
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licenses.
- Related technology certifications in RF best practices or other industry recognized certifications in related Radio field.
- Experience with the principles and practices of information security.
- Experience with Public Safety Emergency Communication Systems.
- Experience with and/or certification in Public Safety Systems and NFPA 1221.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.