As a Planning Engineer/Architect, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining life cycle analyses and programs to ensure the Airport’s facilities and systems are optimized. You will play a pivotal part in the way the Airport’s strategic plan is administered by coordinating with fellow engineers, architects, multiple departments and agencies.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage plans to prioritize and schedule rehabilitation of Airport facilities and infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains long-range strategic plans for DFW Airport.
- Coordinate the activities of Board and tenant maintenance organizations to develop unified strategic plans.
- Coordinates with engineers, architects, and maintenance personnel to identify what role each will play in long-range planning programs.
- Develops and maintains programs to ensure Airport facilities and systems are optimized.
- Administers periodic plans in support of the overall strategic plan for Airport facilities and infrastructure.
- Develops and manages plans to prioritize and schedule rehabilitation of Airport facilities and infrastructure.
- Coordinates with project managers, engineers, architects, and technicians to Develop, document and submit project requirements associated with the Capital Improvement Program alongside project managers, engineers, architects, and technicians.
- Coordinate the Infrastructure Capital Plan (ICP) with DFW and Airline Stakeholders.
- Develops strategic plans for future development of the Airport.
- Develop and maintain long-range strategic and future development plans for DFW Airport.
- Coordinate with engineers, architects, and maintenance personnel to identify what role each will play in long-range planning programs.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture.
- Five (5) years of experience in a planning role.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering or architecture.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal ordinances, codes and regulations related to public engineering projects.
- Knowledge of the major types of public works projects related to maintenance of airports.
- Knowledge of modern program management practices, procedures, systems, equipment and resources.
- Skill in the use of computers and applications used to manage engineering and planning programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assess facility and system conditions and .
- Ability to oversee professional and technical staff inside and outside the organization.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.