The Airport Security Division will protect the airport from security threats, detect potential vulnerabilities, and deter those who seek to do us harm.
As a Civilian Security Officer you will perform routine observation and reporting to prevent attacks and protect the National Airspace System(NAS). You will be ready to act as the first line of defense in day to day and extraordinary situations. You will also maintain a professional appearance including uniform in order to allow the traveling public to be at ease within the airport.
- Inspects all vehicles attempting to enter through AOA gates, ensuring that each vehicle possesses a valid DFW Airport-issued AOA decal and that all individuals possess a current/valid DFW International Airport Board Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge; inspects cab area of vehicles; and inspects vehicles underneath and in additional areas as necessary and appropriate.
- Perform terminal security patrols of areas including but not limited to sterile areas, employee portals, Skylink stations, baggage claim areas, parking garages, curbside and terminal ramp areas.
- Perform roving security patrols of areas including but not limited to AOA fence line and gates, cargo and hangar areas, airport Board buildings, and critical infrastructure sites.
- Identify and report security violations.
- Composes reports as deemed necessary and appropriate by DPS management.
- Ensures that food service vehicles are locked and/or sealed, or inspected.
- Ensures that no pedestrian traffic enters the AOA.
- Ensures visitors to DFW Airport office buildings are authorized to be in the building.
- Notifies DPS management of any attempts to enter the AOA, terminal sterile areas, office buildings, or any other assigned area of surveillance without proper authorization or of any suspicious circumstances that may affect the security of the Airport premises.
- Directs persons lost, distressed or incapacitated to the appropriate department or personnel for assistance.
- Coordinates with Police Services and other Board departments on traffic management at terminals and emergent areas throughout the airport
- Participates in counter-terrorism activities to include surveillance, information gathering, detection, and deterrence functions.
- Participates in ensuring regulatory compliance of airport and tenant facilities and personnel
- Ensure security at construction sites throughout the airport environment
- Provides a variety of additional duties within the Department of Public Safety to include staging of assets for disaster and emergency response, special events security and support, other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with DPS uniform standards
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years related work experience with preference to experience in the military, law enforcement and/or security field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Citizenship of the United States of America.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
- Has not been convicted of a Class “B” misdemeanor within the last ten years or any offense greater than a Class “B”.
- Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
- Ability to pass a drug test.