As a Land Survey Instrument Operator, you will have the unique opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and learn from some of the best in the industry. In this role, you will expand your surveying knowledge base by providing services on land encompassing over 18,000 acres. Surveying services will include boundary, topography, hydrography, confined space, High Definition Scanning, and Mobile Lidar performed on airfield, raw undeveloped land, terminal, commercial, and retail properties.
What you will be doing:
• Use manual and electronic surveying equipment to collect and record raw survey field data in accordance with written standards or as directed by the Survey Manager.
• Operate and maintain total stations, theodolites, EDMs, data collectors, levels and other survey equipment.
• Review and verify the accuracy of raw survey information.
• Perform mathematical calculations to determine distances, angles, elevation, grades, arcs and curves; make sketches and drawings, record field observations and provide other documentation to support surveys.
• Collect, compile and reduce raw survey field data.
• Compare relevant as-built data to construction plans and surveys.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of land survey experience including construction layout and boundary reconstruction.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Experience with Global Positioning System data collection.
• Experience with High Definition Scanning
• Experience with a Mobile Lidar System
• Experience with Stream (Ground Penetrating Radar)
• Ability to perform mathematical computations using algebra, geometry and trigonometry and to compile raw survey data.
• Ability to read construction plans and surveys and to make calculations using architectural/engineering scales.
• Ability to perform and close horizontal and vertical control traverses within acceptable tolerances.
• Ability to prepare sketches and record data in an organized, legible format.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.