As a Senior Geospatial Data Manager you will play an important leadership role in driving efforts to effectively integrate geospatial data into DFW Airport business and operational systems. You will identify strategic opportunities to improve geospatial data quality and utilization in critical processes and management practices while leveraging business and IT resources. In addition, you will work with business stakeholders to define geospatial data quality requirements and metrics and ensure there are processes and business rules in place to achieve them.
What you will be doing:
• Develop and monitor/review enterprise data and information management strategy/stack to include Data Governance, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Virtualization, Master Data Management and Data Visualization.
• Engage and collaborate with senior leaders and peers to develop an enterprise geospatial database, that is interpreted and used in a consistent and effective manner.
• Direct continuous improvement of data management practices to ensure that data resources are integrated, understandable, accessible, and secure.
• Establish service level management, aligning the data resources with business expectations for performance, availability, data quality and relevance.
• Initiate, systematize, and facilitate data quality audits by data owners to ensure data consistency, integrity and completeness.
• Manage efforts among data owners and application development teams to proactively manage cross-organizational decisions where geospatial analyses and data are necessary.
• Guide data owners through the process of creating data usage policies for the goal of fully compliant corporate usage of data, documents, and related platforms.
• Oversee plans, supervise and manage GIS projects; monitor progress and report on development and implementation of status to management; develop detailed project plans, allocates staff and equipment resources and drafts management reports.
• Ensure that the defined security requirements are implemented and tested per the SDLC and the Information Security policies across all systems.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
• Six (6) years of Information Technology experience, including understanding of the end-to-end data life cycle requirements of key business processes and exposure to data quality, records management, security and privacy concepts, best practices, and tools/technologies.
• Four (4) years of experience managing information data cross-functional team, developing and applying technology Business Intelligence & Analytics and reporting solutions.
• Proven success delivering innovative solutions to customers, driving change and adoption of new technologies.
• Proven experience driving or promoting a service-oriented culture and delivery model.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
• Experience with field data collection.
• Experience developing geospatial applications and web services.
• Certified as a GIS professional by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.