The Vice President of Commercial Development will have the unique opportunity of directing the development, acquisition, leasing and property management of the Airport’s industrial, office, hotel, mixed-use and air cargo real estate property and facilities which span more than 6000 acres. Under general direction of the Executive Vice President of Infrastructure and Development, this person will be responsible for the planning, design, construction, as well as strategic planning, marketing and implementation of business initiatives for commercial land development and redevelopment of existing facilities consistent with the Airport’s strategic plan.
What you will be doing:
• Planning, directing and managing:
• the architectural and construction support to ensure consistency of standards to all projects throughout the development strategy, construction program and facility/property management phases of the Airport’s commercial development projects;
• the revenue-generating non-aviation development of Airport Board real estate;
• the non-aviation tenant and utility property management (including property and facility management, boundary integrity, natural gas, utility/rights-of-way (including passenger rail) and Foreign Trade Zone);
• the development and operations of hotels and other properties owned and managed by the Airport Board and/or Airport’s subsidiary entity, PFIC (Public Facilities Improvement Corporation);
• the compliance of all development with the Airport’s environmental policies.
• Negotiating and supervising negotiations of complex real estate-related ground leases, real estate development contracts, management contracts, passenger rail rights-of-way, mineral exploration and other related real estate documents.
• Directing and overseeing the Land Use Analysis and Commercial Development Land Use Master Planning/Development processes.
• Providing overall marketing, financial, and operations of Airport’s and PFIC’s real properties portfolio, including measurements of performance.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, architecture/engineering or related field.
• Ten-fifteen (10-15) years of experience in commercial real estate development.
• Ten (10) years supervisory or team leadership experience.
• Possession of a valid Class C drivers’ license.
What we desire:
• Law degree or Master’s degree in Real Estate or Business Administration.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of property development and management at a major airport.
• Knowledge of land and building values and costs and commercial and industrial development in and around DFW Airport.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.